FlatmateRooms open source technology stack
Here's a quick outline of open source technologies used to power FlatmateRooms services.
- Python 3 using Django web framework and Gunicorn server
- Nginx frontend server for static files with reverse proxy to Gunicorn workers
- MySQL database
- HTML5 / SASS / jQuery
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
...and here are some of the open source applications that were initailly developed for FlatmateRooms.
FlatmateRooms currently runs on 2 x 4GB RAM SSD Ubuntu 16.04 servers hosted by Linode in their London data centre:
- Primary database server
- Main web server (database replication, PostFix mail server, git repository)
- extended disk volume for storage of image uploads
- Git and SourceTree, which allows deployment using just
- TextMate a great text editor for OS X
- ssh, fabric for admin, backups and syncing
Please send your comments using feedback box below.