Looking for a room, but who do you want to live with?
When looking for a room it’s good to be clear on who you would like to live with, it would be preferable with someone you like rather than making a rapid decision and moving in to somewhere with people you don’t get along with. Some things to consider when looking are:
- Gender: Would you prefer to live with males, females or no preference?
- Age: Do you mind the age of existing tenants or is there an age range you want to stick between?
- Occupation: Are you looking to share with students or professionals or no preference?
- The type of tenants: Are you looking for somewhere to put your head down or people you can have a beer and a social life with, do you mind the odd party?
- Hygiene standards: Do your hygiene standards match the ones of your potential housemates i.e. washing up, cleaning, general tidiness etc?
- Existing flatmates: Have you met all the existing housemates do you get along with them?
- Music: Do you mind sharing with someone who likes to listen to music a lot, or vice versa you do and will it be ok with your new housemates?
- Rules: Are you ok with all the house rules, or is it not for you?